A Healthier You: Benefits of Massage, by Danielle
With our want and focus on a healthier and more holistic approach to beauty and health, we are now happy to share expert tips and advice from our friends with Cooper Spa at Craig Ranch! Look for expert guidance on skin care, anti-aging therapies and treatments, massage, and other topics from our Cooper Spa partners to help answer some of your questions on how to become a healthier and happier you for this New Year.
Benefits of Massage, by Danielle
Ever wonder what a massage can really do for your health? There is no denying the power of massage. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally to your healthcare regimen.
Listed below are just a few conditions massage will aid in.
• Relieve migraine pain.
• Release endorphins – amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
• Relax and soften injured, tired and overused muscles.
• Reduce spasms and cramping.
• Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
• Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
• Lessen depression and anxiety.
• Increase joint flexibility.
• Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
• Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
• Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow – the body’s natural defense system.
• Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
• Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. Getting a massage frequently will change your life. Just because a massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Invest in your health and consider massage part of your health regimen.
Have a question or want to learn more? Just ask! Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you or arrange a personal consultation with me by calling 214-383-1010. Our Cooper Spa staff is ready, are you?
Danielle, Lead Therapist, Cooper Spa at Craig Ranch